Sunday, September 11, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten!!!

Here is Josiah on his first morning of Kindergarten. He was quietly excited and a little nervous.

I just can't believe it! What a big guy!


Josiah was feeling a little unsure when we arrived and his teacher Mrs Whitely invited him to hold her hand at the front of the line. When he reached out and took it I was so proud of him.

The morning was great! He built a linking line from one side of the room to the other!

These are the rocks that brought us comfort. The night before today as I was tucking Josiah in he sat up straight and said, "Mom but I don't want you to go....I want you to stay in my class." Explaining I couldn't we decided to each put a rock in our pocket (Dad and Jessie too) and if we felt lonely or worried then we could give it a squeeze! The idea seemed to be a good solution and did the trick when it was time to say good bye he pulled it out of his pocket and held on tight!

So, Yes I did cry! Not until we rounded the corner.......Jessie gave me a big hug and said......"Can we go to Walmart?"


So proud of our little man!










1 Comments:

Blogger Bowering said...

Jessie, I'm glad you were there to take care of your mom!!! Josiah, so proud of you!!! Way to go - you will love kindergarten!!

September 11, 2011 at 7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home